Let these bits of good news and hilarious GIFs take you to your happy place.
Hey, you know what’s awesome?
Cute animals. People doing nice things for each other. Scientific breakthroughs. And hilarious nonsense that has no real value except to make us laugh.
We need stories like these, now more than ever.
So without further ado, here are 13 pretty great things that will totally brighten your day.
1. The announcement that New York City will start honoring their students’ chosen pronouns.
Birth certificates will no longer be the be-all and end-all in the Big Apple.
Not everyone’s gender identity can, or should, be assumed through aesthetics and appearance alone. Gender is so much more complex than that.
— Calum McSwiggan (@CalumMcSwiggan) February 17, 2017
2. This video of Bill Nye putting a hurtin’ on Tucker Carlson during a “debate” over climate change.
It’s incredibly entertaining to watch two opponents spar over an issue when one doesn’t realize he’s completely overmatched.
TL;DR: Climate change is real, y’all.
3. This person who turned every character in a video game into Bob Ross.
Excellent use of coding skills, if you ask me.
4. The U-Haul franchises in the Midwest that are coming together to help tornado victims.
Photo by Tim Boyle/Getty Images.
Earlier this week, tornadoes caused massive damage throughout Arkansas, Iowa, and other nearby areas. Now a handful of U-Haul companies in the region are offering affected families free storage for what’s left of their belongings while they try to piece their lives back together.
5. This “Viking funeral” for a pair of goldfish in Scotland.
Goldfish may be tiny, but the love these elementary school kids had for their pets was anything but. The Viking-inspired send-off was glorious and heartwarming.
6. This person’s new … pet — whatever it may be.
Whatever it is, it’s actually pretty cute.
7. This high school cross-country team that takes cooped-up shelter dogs running with them.
This morning me and the St. Joseph High School Cross Country Team conducted our workout at the County Animal Shelter in Santa Maria. With the help of Stacy Silva we successfully completed the first ever team Dog Run! Each team member was assigned a dog and we went out for a couple miles around the shelter. I am not sure who was more excited and having the most fun…the dogs or the kids. Either way, it was a great time and I am sure we will do it again sometime soon. Thanks Stacy Silva and Geoff Clinton
Posted by Luis Escobar on Thursday, August 4, 2016
Stacy Silva, the volunteer coordinator for the Santa Barbara County Animal Shelter, just so happens to be married to Luis Escobar, the cross-country coach at the local high school, which is how she came up with the idea.
“I am not sure who was more excited and having the most fun … the dogs or the kids,” Escobar wrote on Facebook.
8. These rescued pigs who are overjoyed be outside.
9. These soccer players who are using their jerseys to inspire young girls.
Instead of their names, the Sweden women’s team’s jerseys will say things like, “Believe in your damn self,” and “I’m not bossy, I’m the boss.”
They hope to inspire young women with the messages.
10. This super clever ping-pong shot.
11. These people who found their missing cat after three long years.
The cat was found only five miles from the family’s home in Scotland. Now if only it could tell us what it was doing all that time and if it knows where the Loch Ness monster is.
12. These shoes that will order a pizza to your exact location with the push of a button.
They’re not actually available to the public yet, but we can dream.
Photo by Pizza Hut.
Practical and stylish!
13. And this Texas sportscaster’s incredible, impassioned speech in support of the transgender boy who recently won a girls’ wrestling championship.
“He’s a child, simply looking for his place in the world and a chance to compete in the world,” said Dale Hansen.
“I don’t understand his world…but I do understand he is a part of mine.”
HANSEN UNPLUGGED: http://on.wfaa.com/2lODg8p
Posted by WFAA-TV on Monday, February 27, 2017
Good news is all around us. You might have to look a little harder for it these days, but I promise you, it’s worth it!
Powered by WPeMatico